Waterville Township Police Department
Is Actively Recruiting For Police Officer Positions
Job Title: POLICE OFFICER (Part-time, Auxiliary)
Recruitment Type: OPEN COMPETITIVE
Opening Date: January 2017
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
For more information and application paperwork, email us at: email@example.com
- Must be a State of Ohio Certified Police Officer or currently enrolled in a Police Academy
- United States Citizen over 21 years of age
- High School Graduate or G.E.D. equivalency
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Must possess ability to exercise discretion
- Be of good moral character and have committed no incidents of violence
- Military discharge must be honorable
This is a sworn law enforcement position that involves protecting life and property through enforcement of laws and ordinances. Work involves responsibility for performing assigned police work of varying difficulty utilizing community oriented/problem solving techniques which include: community engagement, resource development, the enforcement of laws and ordinances, crime prevention, detection and investigation, apprehension of violators, preservation of order, and other related police functions.
Qualified applicants may be subject to extensive screening, which includes: physical agility testing, polygraph, medical exam, drug screening, psychological testing, and a background investigation.
Waterville Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for applicants and employees, regardless of race, gender expression, age, pregnancy, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, sex or any other protected class or status.